- Internal medicine
- Intensive care
- Prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, especially heart failure and CHD
- Blood pressure adjustment
Through many years of clinical and interventional work at the Vienna General Hospital (AKH) and as a senior physician at the cardiology department in the KH-Nord, I am particularly experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Due to my position as head of clinical studies, I am also always informed about new, efficient therapy options. Patients come to me in order to carry out early treatment of risk factors in terms of prevention, if they suspect or have already diagnosed a heart disease, with complaints such as increased blood pressure, exercise-dependent chest pain, shortness of breath, poor performance or swollen legs.
|2002:||Degree in human medicine with dissertation|
|2006:||MBA (Health Care Management), WU-Wien|
|2011:||Habilitation – Internal Medicine at the Medical University of Vienna (MUW)|
|2015:||Assistant Professor at MUW|
|2016:||Associate Professor at MUW|
Member of the following professional societies, among others:
- Austrian Cardiological Society (ÖKG)
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI)
National and international specialist organizations:
- Fellow of Heart Failure Association (HFA) der ESC – F.H.F.A.
- 2018 – 2020 Member of HFA Committee on Acute Heart Failure
- Fellow of European Society of Cardiology – F.E.S.C.
- 2020 Head of the Heart Failure Group of the ÖKG
- 2007 and 2014 research project manager – funded by the anniversary fund of the Austrian National Bank
- 2019 Research project leader – funded by the Medical and Scientific Fund of the Mayor of the Federal Capital Vienna
Certifications / Diplomas:
- 2008 Austrian Medical Association (ÖÄK) Diploma Clinical Investigator
- 2016 Heart failure specialist certified by the HFA-ESC
Telephone: +43-1 367 13 73
Office hours at Imed19-privat:
Wednesday 3-8 p.m. by arrangement
Please contact me – I look forward to seeing you for a first interview!